- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1 loaf
- ⅓ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup pure cane sugar or date sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1½ cups spelt flour
- ½ teaspoon regular or sodium-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 small zucchini, shredded (1 cup)
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x4-inch nonstick or silicone loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl stir together the first four ingredients (through sugar). Beat with a mixer on medium until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla and lemon zest. Add the next six ingredients (through allspice); beat until well combined. Fold in zucchini and, if desired, walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until top is very firm to the touch and sides are pulling away from pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Use parchment to lift bread from pan to wire rack. Let bread cool completely before slicing.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.