- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 12 muffins
- print/save recipe
The perfect addition to a piping hot bowl of Red Lentil Chili is lightly sweetened whole grain corn muffins. Easier to serve and eat than cornbread, these tasty vegan muffins were built to please a crowd.
- 1½ tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed with almond milk and set aside to allow it to gel for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir applesauce and maple syrup together and add flaxseed mixture. Then sift in cornmeal, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well-combined, but avoid over-mixing. Add the corn kernels.
- Either using a silicone 12-cup muffin pan or a 12-cup muffin pan lined with paper, spoon out equal portions of batter into the cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Serve warm.