- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 bowls
- print/save recipe
Instant polenta or grits stand in for masa harina in these bowls that get their Southwest flavors from prepared salsa and a dash of chili powder. Feel free to swap out the kidney beans for whatever legume you have on hand (even lentils) and load the bowls up with extra veggies. If you like, you can also garnish with a wedge of lime for drizzling over the top.
- 1 cup instant polenta or grits
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Cook instant polenta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine kidney beans, chili powder and ¼ cup water in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat 2 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Divide the polenta among 4 bowls. Top each serving with ⅓ cup kidney beans, ¼ cup salsa, ¼ avocado, and a sprinkling of cilantro leaves.