- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 10 taquitos
The air fryer cooks these taquitos just right—crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. When placing taquitos in an airfryer, it helps to position them seam side down so that they hold their shape and stay closed as they cook.
By Darshana Thacker,
- 1½ cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4½ teaspoons salt-free taco seasoning
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 10 5-inch corn tortillas
- 1¼ cups guacamole
- Preheat air fryer to 320°F for 8 minutes.
- For filling, in a saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in ¼ cup water over medium about 10 minutes or until onion starts to turn translucent, stirring occasionally. Add water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Stir in beans, tomato paste, and taco seasoning. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in riced cauliflower, lemon juice, and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm. To assemble taquitos, lay a warm tortilla on a clean surface. Spoon tablespoons filling horizontally across middle of tortilla. Starting from edge closest to you, roll up tortilla, tucking it under filling and rolling tightly to make a thin roll. Place assembled taquito on a tray lined with an additional kitchen towel. Keep covered. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Transfer half of the taquitos, or as many as can fit, into the air fryer. Air-fry 5 to 7 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and slightly browned around the edges. Serve warm with guacamole.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.