This nourishing curry recipe has irresistible flavor and is the ultimate comfort food dish. It’s thick and creamy with just the right amount of spice.
From Plant-Based Katie
1. First, make sure your cashews are soaking in water. The longer they soak, the creamier the dish will be.
2. Place the potatoes and 2 cups of water in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil, then add the onion and carrot. Reduce the heat to medium-low-medium and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the cauliflower, curry powder, cumin, and coriander, and continue cooking, covered, for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, transfer the cashews and their soaking water to a blender. Blend until smooth, then stir the cashew cream into the pot.
5. Add the kale, peas, and garbanzo beans, and simmer for 5 minutes more, or until the potatoes are completely cooked and the kale is tender.
If you want a more soupy consistency, then feel free to add extra water while cooking. If you want it creamier and richer, then you can double the amount of cashews.