The combination of bananas and chocolate chips makes these healthy pancakes taste decadent enough to serve for dessert. Use a large nonstick griddle to prepare them in batches. If you don’t have strawberries, then get creative with other fruits, jams, or spreads.
- Whisk the bananas and milk in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over low heat. For each pancake, pour ½ cup batter onto the griddle and spread gently. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the pancakes look slightly dry on top and are golden brown on the bottom, and release easily from the pan. Flip and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter, wiping off the griddle between batches. Serve hot with fresh fruit.
Photo by LA Food Photography.