- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 5 to 6 pancakes
- print/save recipe
The combination of bananas and chocolate chips makes these healthy pancakes taste decadent enough to serve for dessert. Use a large nonstick griddle to prepare them in batches. If you don’t have strawberries, then get creative with other fruits, jams, or spreads.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk or water
- 1 cup whole-wheat or oat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips
- 6 ounces (about 1 cup) strawberries, cut into halves, for serving
- Whisk the bananas and milk in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over low heat. For each pancake, pour ½ cup batter onto the griddle and spread gently. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the pancakes look slightly dry on top and are golden brown on the bottom, and release easily from the pan. Flip and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter, wiping off the griddle between batches. Serve hot with fresh fruit.