- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 9 cups + 4 cups bulgur
- print/save recipe
Slender petite whole green beans make a beautiful presentation when you serve this medley on a platter. Note that this recipe calls for cooked bulgur, so be sure to have that ready to go.
- 2 lb. small round red potatoes, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 12- to 14-oz. package fresh or frozen petite whole green beans
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid reserved from drained chickpeas)
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups hot cooked bulgur
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven cook potatoes in enough boiling water to cover by 2 inches for 2 minutes. Add green beans and red onion; return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 2 minutes more or until potatoes and beans are tender. Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together aquafaba, vinegar, mustard, dill, and garlic powder. Add to potatoes and beans; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve potato mixture over bulgur and sprinkle with pine nuts.