- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 6 cups
A little curry in the glaze adds big flavor to this green bean dish. It’s a perfect duo with orange-studded rice. To save prep time, use packaged julienned carrots and riced cauliflower from the produce department in your supermarket. Look for frozen cooked brown rice in the freezer section of your supermarket. Prepare according to package directions.
By Shelli McConnell,
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound thin green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cup julienned carrots (see tip, above)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked riced cauliflower (see tip, above)
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 orange, cut into eight wedges
- Optional toppings: slivered green onions and/or chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- For glaze, in a bowl stir together the first five ingredients (through pepper) and 2 Tbsp. water.
- In an extra-large skillet or wok cook and stir beans over medium-high about 8 minutes or until beans are blistered and deep brown in spots, adding water, 1 to 2 Tbsp. at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Stir in edamame, carrots, and garlic; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Add glaze; toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine riced cauliflower, brown rice, and orange zest. Serve bean mixture over rice mixture with orange wedges. If desired, top with green onions and/or peanuts.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.