- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 18 cups
This satisfying meal is equally good made with traditional couscous or the larger, pearl-sized Israeli couscous. Feel free to experiment with whatever vegetables you have on hand. Creamy homemade Tahini Dipping Sauce serves as a flavorful finishing touch for these quick bowls.
By Darshana Thacker,
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous or Israeli couscous
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 9 to 10 cups romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped (1½ cups)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely snipped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ cups Tahini Dipping Sauce
- In a small saucepan bring broth and cumin seeds to boiling. Stir in couscous. Return to boiling; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide lettuce, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and couscous among eight bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and lemon juice, and drizzle with Tahini Dipping Sauce.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.