This fabulous vegan dessert lets you enjoy sweet summer peaches and berries any time of year. Just take advantage of the bounty of healthy and wallet-friendly fruit in your supermarket’s freezer section. Serve this sweet baked treat warm out of the oven with a dollop of your favorite vegan yogurt.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine the oats, brown rice flour, almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a medium-size bowl; mix using a spatula or spoon, and set aside.
3. Place the chopped peaches in a 6- by 8-inch rectangular baking dish. Add the raspberries, mix and set aside. (Note: if using frozen raspberries, use them frozen. They do not need to be thawed like the peaches.) Set the dish aside.
4. Combine the applesauce, brown rice syrup, almond butter, and vanilla in a small saucepot over low heat. Stir gently until the mixture is smooth and warm, then pour over the oats mixture, and mix until well-combined.
5. Disperse the oat mixture evenly over the fruit. Cover and bake for 40 minutes. At the 40-minute mark, remove the cover and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with additional fresh berries and slivered almonds or your favourite dairy-free yogurt.