- Ready In:
- Serves 8
This fabulous vegan dessert lets you enjoy sweet summer peaches and berries any time of year. Just take advantage of the bounty of healthy and wallet-friendly fruit in your supermarket’s freezer section. Serve this sweet baked treat warm out of the oven with a dollop of your favorite vegan yogurt. Note: If gluten-free, be sure to opt for gluten-free oats, as cross-contamination can be an issue.
By Ashley Madden,
- 2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups frozen peach slices, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (raw or roasted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the oats, brown rice flour, almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a medium-size bowl; mix using a spatula or spoon, and set aside.
- Place the chopped peaches in a 6- by 8-inch rectangular baking dish. Add the raspberries, mix and set aside. (Note: if using frozen raspberries, use them frozen. They do not need to be thawed like the peaches.) Set the dish aside.
- Combine the applesauce, brown rice syrup, almond butter, and vanilla in a small saucepot over low heat. Stir gently until the mixture is smooth and warm, then pour over the oats mixture, and mix until well-combined.
- Disperse the oat mixture evenly over the fruit. Cover and bake for 40 minutes. At the 40-minute mark, remove the cover and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with additional fresh berries and slivered almonds or your favourite dairy-free yogurt.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.