- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8-10 cups
This luscious vegan noodle soup tastes like comfort in a bowl—and an awful lot like chicken noodle soup! The chicken-soup flavor comes from a combination of dried herbs (marjoram, sage, and thyme) also found in poultry seasoning, the herb blend often used in Thanksgiving stuffing. Because there’s no real chicken, the soup cooks quickly and is ready to enjoy after just 30 minutes on the stove. To give it an appetizing golden hue, add a pinch of turmeric along with the herbs.
Recipe from drmcdougall.com
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups dried brown rice fettuccine noodles or whole-wheat pasta, broken
- Combine the onion, celery, carrots, stock, tamari, marjoram, sage, thyme, and pepper in a 4-quart Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles; return to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes more or until noodles are tender.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.