- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved, and sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ 32-oz. containers low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups chopped stemmed collard greens
- 2 15-oz. cans no-salt-added black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot cook leeks, celery, carrots, and garlic over medium 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding water, 1 to 2 Tbsp. at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Add the next seven ingredients (through crushed red pepper, if using). Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Season to taste with red wine vinegar. Sprinkle with parsley.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.