- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 6
- print/save recipe
This lentil vegetable soup is a favorite of my boys and so easy to make. I think one of the reasons they like it is that I chop all of the vegetables really small. And, like most of the soups I make, if you don’t have an ingredient, such as carrot or spinach, leave it out or substitute another favorite ingredient.
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 6 small white potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 16-ounce bag brown lentils
- 1 15.5-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 8 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1-2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the spinach in a soup pot or Dutch oven. Cook over low heat for 2 hours.
- Add the spinach and cook about 5 minutes more, until spinach is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.