This lentil vegetable soup is a favorite of my boys and so easy to make. I think one of the reasons they like it is that I chop all of the vegetables really small. And, like most of the soups I make, if you don’t have an ingredient, such as carrot or spinach, leave it out or substitute another favorite ingredient.
By Heather McDougall, Last Updated:
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 6 small white potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 16-ounce bag brown lentils
- 1 15.5-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 8 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1-2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the spinach in a soup pot or Dutch oven. Cook over low heat for 2 hours.
- Add the spinach and cook about 5 minutes more, until spinach is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get delicious recipes, expert health advice, culinary tips and
special offers from Forks Over Knives and our curated partners.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.