- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 4
- print/save recipe
I love to share the art of Indian cooking I learned in my mother’s kitchen in India. My food is a fusion of Indian cuisine and other styles of cooking from around the world. Please enjoy my recipe for Black-Eyed Pea Stew.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 1 cup black-eyed peas
- ½ cup radish finely chopped
- ½ cup yellow beet small cubes
- ½ cup potatoes
- ¼ cup spring onions
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic grated
- ½ teaspoon ginger grated
- ½ teaspoon Greek seasoning
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional)
- Soak the peas in 3 cups of filtered water for at least 1-2 hours, longer if possible, up to 6 hours. Rinse thoroughly.
- In a pot add the peas and 3 cups of filtered water. Bring to a boil, about 4-6 minutes. Let it cook on low heat for about 15 minutes or till the peas are halfway done. Add more water if required.
- Add the radish, beets, spring onions and potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add the spices except for the lime juice. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lime juice and serve hot with bread or rice and salad.
- Garnish with cilantro (optional).
Note: Pre-soaking required.