- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 2 servings
- print/save recipe
Looking for a colorful complement to crunchy cucumber? Try saying that five times, fast! This bright red bowl of delicious dip can almost double as a centerpiece.
Recipe from the Forks Meal Planner. Sign up now to receive weekly fast and easy recipes, a shopping list and weekend prep instructions.
- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 (8 oz) package precooked beets, roughly chopped
- ⅛ of a red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ¼-inch disks
- Combine cashews with ½ cup hot water in a bowl. Let stand for at least 15 minutes, then drain thoroughly.
- Chop beets, onion, and parsley. Juice lemon.
- Combine cashews, beets, and garlic in a blender and purée until a smooth paste forms. Transfer to a bowl and add onions, parsley, lemon juice, and mustard; mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the sliced cucumber with dip.