- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes ½ cup
Thai spice blends often combine multiple exotic ingredients such as lemongrass, galangal, and kaffir lime leaves. We combined dried lemongrass (easy-to-find dried lemon peel works, too) with common spices such as ginger (a cousin of galangal) to achieve that distinct Thai flavor.
Try adding it to a vegetable stir-fry and top with fresh cilantro; sprinkle it over a salad of chopped green papaya and bean sprouts; use it to season steamed vegetables and jasmine rice; or make a quick peanut sauce by mixing with peanut butter, tamari, vinegar, and water.
By Darshana Thacker,
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons dried lemongrass or lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- In a blender or spice grinder combine all ingredients. Blend to a fine powder. Transfer to an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.