- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 3½ cups
- print/save recipe
Most commercial barbecue sauce is full of high-fructose corn syrup or sugar. This recipe has neither and still delivers all the flavors you want in your barbecue.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato purée
- 2 cups Two-Minute Date Purée, more or less to taste
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 10 days.