- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 4
- print/save recipe
Make this salad when your favorite apples are in season. Honey crisp and gala apples contrast well with the tart cranberry vinaigrette. Cut the apples just before serving to maintain their color, or store them in water with a little lemon juice if you need to prepare them ahead of time. Serve this dish as is for a light lunch or with Pumpkin and Anasazi Bean Stew for a heartier meal.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fruit-sweetened dried cranberries, reconstituted in 6 tablespoons of boiling water, plus 3 additional tablespoons dried cranberries
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cup pecan halves, toasted, optional
- 2 crisp apples, peeled, cored, and cut into ½-inch dice
- Blend the brown rice syrup, orange zest and juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard, cayenne pepper, and the reconstituted cranberries in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the salad greens to a large bowl with pecans (if using), apples, and remaining dried cranberries. Just before serving, add the dressing to the bowl and toss well.