- Ready In:
- Serves 4
- 8 ounces dried penne pasta
- 2 cups 1-inch broccoli florets
- 1½ cups packed with fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup water
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Crushed red pepper, to taste (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook broccoli in a small amount of boiling water 5 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a blender combine basil, ½ cup of the water, and the garlic. Cover and blend until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan mash garbanzo beans with a potato masher, leaving some beans intact. Add milk and the remaining ½ cup water. Bring to boiling. Stir in basil mixture, tomatoes, and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly softened.
- Stir in cooked pasta and broccoli. Cook over medium-low 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and black pepper.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.