- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 6
- Print/save recipe
This quick and easy pasta salad recipe mixes frozen vegetables and prepared salad dressing with chopped onion and fresh basil for a nice balance of freshness and convenience. Chose a colorful frozen vegetable blend that appeals to you. Perfect for kids, it's a great addition to packed school or work lunches. This pasta salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days in an airtight container.
- 12 ounces dried whole grain fusilli pasta
- 1 16-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup snipped fresh basil
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 to 1½ cups fat-free Italian or balsamic salad dressing
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook the pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables for the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain. Rinse cooked pasta with cold water; drain again.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a large bowl. Stir in basil and onion. Drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature.