This quick and easy pasta salad recipe mixes frozen vegetables and prepared salad dressing with chopped onion and fresh basil for a nice balance of freshness and convenience. Chose a colorful frozen vegetable blend that appeals to you. Perfect for kids, it’s a great addition to packed school or work lunches. This pasta salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days in an airtight container.
By Del Sroufe,
- 12 ounces dried whole grain fusilli pasta
- 1 16-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup snipped fresh basil
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 to 1½ cups fat-free Italian or balsamic salad dressing
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook the pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables for the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain. Rinse cooked pasta with cold water; drain again.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a large bowl. Stir in basil and onion. Drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.