- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cups
- Print/save recipe
Three simple ingredients create a gorgeous fruit-forward dessert that’s 100% free of added sugar and fat. Roasting pineapple chunks turns their tart juices caramel-sweet, and the mellowed-out tropical flavor pairs beautifully with tangy pomegranate arils. Chopped fresh mint adds a mouthwatering aromatic component and invokes the flavor profile of a fancy tiki drink, sans alcohol. Plus, the juice collected from the cut-up pineapple doubles as a fruit syrup that you can spoon over this refreshing treat!
Tip: Use a silicone baking mat to roast the pineapple; it transfers heat better than foil or parchment.
For more pineapple dessert inspiration, check out these tasty ideas:
- 1 large pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks, or 6 cups frozen pineapple chunks, thawed
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh or thawed frozen pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. Place pineapple chunks in a colander over a large bowl; let stand 5 to 10 minutes to drain and catch juice. Stir mint into juice in bowl.
- Spread pineapple chunks on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 25 minutes or until fruit begins to brown and caramelize on the edges, turning once or twice for even browning.
- Transfer hot pineapple to the bowl with juice and mint; toss to coat. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled. Just before serving, fold in pomegranate arils. If you like, garnish with additional fresh mint.