- Ready In:
- Serves 1-2
- 5-6 medium-sized bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa, cacao, or carob powder
- goji berries
- coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- In a food processor, process the bananas until they start to break down into the ice cream.
- Turn off the processor. Scrape down the sides and add in the cacao.
- Allow it to process again for another 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy and smooth. You may need to open and scrape down the sides periodically.
- Decorate liberally with toppings.
Notes: You can also make this ice cream in a high speed blender. I have made it successfully with a Vitamix, but you must use a tamper in order for it to work. Just be sure to thaw the bananas for about 10 minutes prior to ease the blending.
This cool dessert recipe and other bbq ideas are also available in our convenient iPhone app and Android app.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
7 Keys to Success on a Healthy Vegan Diet
Getting started on a plant-based diet or looking to refresh your eating habits? Download our practical guide to long-term success.