- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 1-2
- Print/save recipe
This awesomely easy cacao banana ice cream is raw, vegan, gluten-free, low-fat, and delicious! For toppings, feel free to just use what you have at home and have fun enjoying a different combination of toppings every time you make this.
From Sweet Simple Vegan
- 5-6 medium-sized bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa, cacao, or carob powder
Toppings of choice, such as:
- goji berries
- coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- In a food processor, process the bananas until they start to break down into the ice cream.
- Turn off the processor. Scrape down the sides and add in the cacao.
- Allow it to process again for another 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy and smooth. You may need to open and scrape down the sides periodically.
- Decorate liberally with toppings.
Notes: You can also make this ice cream in a high speed blender. I have made it successfully with a Vitamix, but you must use a tamper in order for it to work. Just be sure to thaw the bananas for about 10 minutes prior to ease the blending.
This cool dessert recipe and other bbq ideas are also available in our convenient iPhone app and Android app.