- Ready In:
- Serves 1-2
- 5-6 medium-sized bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa, cacao, or carob powder
- goji berries
- coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- In a food processor, process the bananas until they start to break down into the ice cream.
- Turn off the processor. Scrape down the sides and add in the cacao.
- Allow it to process again for another 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy and smooth. You may need to open and scrape down the sides periodically.
- Decorate liberally with toppings.
Notes: You can also make this ice cream in a high speed blender. I have made it successfully with a Vitamix, but you must use a tamper in order for it to work. Just be sure to thaw the bananas for about 10 minutes prior to ease the blending.
This cool dessert recipe and other bbq ideas are also available in our convenient iPhone app and Android app.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
7 Keys to Success on a Healthy Vegan Diet
Getting started on a plant-based diet or looking to refresh your eating habits? Download our practical guide to long-term success.