- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 6
These rolls make a convenient meal for kids or adults on the run. The combination of avocados, hummus, nuts, and vegetables is very satisfying.
Find this recipe and more snacking ideas in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
By Ramses Bravo,
- 12 to 16 collard green leaves, stemmed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ medium jicama, peeled and cut into thin strips
- ½ cup hearts of palm, cut into strips, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 stalk celery, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups Herbed Hummus
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cashews, toasted and slightly crushed
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Steam the collard green leaves for 1 minute. Remove immediately and let cool. Lay flat and arrange into four 8 x 10-inch rectangles. Lay a paper towel on top of each rectangle and roll a rolling pin over the leaves to crush the veins.
- Put the cucumber, bell pepper, jicama, hearts of palm, carrot, and celery in a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- To assemble a wrap, put a rectangle of collard green leaves on a cutting board and spread one-quarter of the hummus along one of the longer edges, then arrange one-quarter of the avocado on top of the hummus and one quarter of the cucumber mixture, cashews, basil, and chives alongside the hummus. Roll up halfway, tucking in the ends so the filling won’t squeeze out. Finish by rolling the wrap as tightly as possible. Assemble the remaining wraps in the same fashion (to make 4 wraps in all).
- Serve the wraps whole and eat them like burritos, or cut them into slices and serve them on a plate like sushi. Veggie Wraps with Herbed Hummus can be assembled in advance. Individually wrapped in plastic and stored in the refrigerator, they will keep for 2 days.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.