- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 burritos
- print/save recipe
Filled with deliciously seasoned pinto beans, plus corn, lettuce, avocado, and salsa, this California-style vegan burrito recipe makes an easy, satisfying lunch or dinner. Use the optional nutritional yeast for a hit of cheesy flavor!
Recipe from forksmealplanner.com
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¾ cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 4 7- to 8-inch whole grain tortillas
- 2 cups shredded lettuce or kale
- ½ avocado, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- ¼ to ½ cup salsa
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a large saucepan cook onion in vegetable broth over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add chili powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using); cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Stir in corn and beans; cook 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. If desired, stir in nutritional yeast. Season with salt.
- In a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm tortillas one at a time 40 seconds or until warm and pliable, turning once. Cover with a damp cloth to keep warm.
- Spread ¼ of the bean mixture onto each tortilla just below the center. Top with ½ cup of lettuce, 2 or 3 slices avocado, and 1 to 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla over filling. Fold in opposite sides; roll up tortilla. Place burritos, seam sides down, on a platter. Serve warm. If desired, pass hot pepper sauce.