- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 4
- print/save recipe
To celebrate the arrival of pumpkin spice season, we're sharing this exclusive Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding recipe from the Forks Meal Planner. Enjoy this vegan pudding as a guilt-free dessert or a sweet breakfast treat. To sample more exclusive plant-based recipes, sign up for a free trial of our meal-planning service, which includes customizable weekly menus, shopping lists, and weekend-prep strategies.
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk or plant-based milk of your choice
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch chili powder
- Ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
- Mix the chia seeds and almond milk in a jar or bowl, and let the mixture set for 5 minutes. Whisk or stir the mixture vigorously to evenly disperse the chia seeds. Cover the jar, and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, chili powder, and black pepper.
- Remove the chia pudding from the refrigerator, and stir in the pumpkin purée, dry spice mixture, vanilla extract, and maple syrup (if using). Serve garnished with coconut flakes.