- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 6 cups
- print/save recipe
Whole grain millet and pumpkin seeds add textural interest to this tasty homemade granola. Dried dates and raisins lend natural sweetness.
- ½ cup pitted whole dates
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 cups thick-cut or regular rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup dry millet
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a small bowl combine the dates and ¾ cup warm water. Let stand at least 5 minutes or until softened.
- In another small bowl combine the flaxseeds and 6 tablespoons warm water. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the next seven ingredients (through salt). Place dates with liquid in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Stir pureed dates and flaxseeds with liquid into oat mixture. Spread in a 15x10-inch baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes and adding pumpkin seeds halfway through baking. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Stir in raisins. Store, uncovered, at room temperature up to 10 days or freeze, covered, up to 2 months.