- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 6
- print/save recipe
This colorful and comforting hash-on-toast recipe makes a memorable breakfast and could easily serve as a light supper on a busy night.
- 1 pound russet potatoes, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 12 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- Place the potatoes in a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Add enough water to the saucepan to reach just below the basket. Bring to water to a boil, cover pan, and steam potatoes 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer potatoes to a large skillet. Add bell pepper and shallots; cook over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or just until pepper is tender, stirring occasionally. Add edamame; cook 3 to 4 minutes more. Stir in tomatoes and garlic powder; heat through. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve hash over toast.