- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 1
This recipe is one of 130 recipes that Mary McDougall contributed to the national bestselling book The McDougall Program. The book, authored by Mary’s husband, Dr. John McDougall, is a low-fat, starch-based eating plan that facilitates weight loss and provides a broad range of dramatic and lasting health benefits.
- 1 pita bread
- ¼ cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ cup chopped yellow onions
- ⅛ cup chopped scallions
- ⅛ cup chopped green peppers
- 4 sliced mushrooms
- ⅛ cup alfalfa sprouts
- Cut the pita bread in half by separating it into two circles. Spread each half with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle on the basil and oregano and add the toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 300º F for 10 minutes, or heat in toaster oven for 5 minutes at 250ºF.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.