- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes one 13×9-inch pizza
Like its cruciferous cousin cauliflower, broccoli can make a great pizza crust. To cut down on day-of cooking time, you can make and bake this pizza ahead and freeze it in an airtight container for up to a month. Simply bake directly from frozen in a 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, then garnish with avocado and basil.
By Darshana Thacker,
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1½ cups chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons regular or sodium-free baking powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups 1-inch asparagus pieces
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped (optional)
- 10 to 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Place broccoli in a food processor; pulse to a ricelike texture.
- In a large bowl combine the next eight ingredients (through crushed red pepper); mix well. Add broccoli, milk, and lemon juice; mix well. Pour on the prepared baking sheet and spread into a rectangle about ¼ inch thick. (This should be slightly larger than 13×9 inches. It will shrink as it bakes.) Top with asparagus, onion, bell pepper, and tomato.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until there is browning on top and edges. Let cool completely. Using a thin spatula, separate pizza from parchment. Slice pizza. Top with avocado and garnish with basil. Serve at room temperature or reheat.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.