This is one of my favorite soups and is easy to make. My wish is for you to have fun and enjoy this lifestyle, and eating delicious meals is part of the process. Enjoy!
1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium soup pot, and immediately add the lentils, corn, bouillon, smoked paprika, cayenne, and sea salt.
2. Dice the tomato and add it to the soup. Cook over a medium-low flame for 30 minutes, semi-covered.
3. Taste for any seasonings adjustments and serve with cilantro, brown rice, avocado cubes, and 2 slices of toast.
- 1 cup red split lentils, dry
- 1 cup corn
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 medium tomato
- ¾ cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ small avocado, cut into cubes
- 6 slices whole-grain bread
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious, plant-based meals the whole family will enjoy.