These simple, budget-friendly vegan loaded potato skins make a delicious main dish with a side salad, but they’re also perfect as a quick snack the following day. The crispy twice-baked loaded potatoes skins are filled with a flavorful chickpea, caper, scallion, and sun-dried tomato mash, then topped with a creamy tahini sauce and fresh chives. They are filling, satisfying and just downright irresistible!
Recipe and photo from Green Evi.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Use a fork to pierce the potatoes in several places. Place them on a baking sheet and bake until tender, 55 to 65 minutes. Let the potatoes cool until they are easy enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then use a spoon to scoop out each potato half, leaving about ¼ inch of potato on the shell.
- Meanwhile, transfer scooped potato flesh to a bowl, then mash with garlic, plant milk, mustard, and nutritional yeast (if using). Add chickpeas and coarsely mash with the mixture.
- Add the shallots, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and scallions to the potato-chickpea mixture. Mix well, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the potato skins with the mixture and bake until golden, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tahini sauce: Whisk the tahini and lime juice with about ¼ cup of water.
- Serve potatoes warm or at room temperature drizzled with tahini sauce and topped with chives and scallions.