This sweet vegan parfait recipe makes the most of summer’s best strawberries and blueberries, which are at their brightest and juiciest this time of year. Here, they’re layered with a luscious sweet potato cream and a crunchy oat crumble for a luscious vegan parfait that’s easy to make and serve.
Photo by LA Food Photography
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the walnuts and oats in a food processor; pulse to a coarse texture. Transfer to a mixing bowl, stir in date paste 1 tablespoon at a time until well combined, then stir in vanilla.
3. Spread the Crumble mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, then stir and bake for 10 to 20 more minutes, or until golden-brown and crispy.
4. In a covered pot fitted with a steamer basket over 1 to 2 inches of simmering water, steam the sweet potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Rinse sweet potatoes under cold water, and allow to cool completely, then peel.
5. Transfer the peeled sweet potatoes to a food processor; add maple syrup and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add up to 1 more tablespoon vanilla if desired.
6. To assemble the parfaits, line the base of 8 parfait glasses with half of the Sweet Potato Cream. Layer half of the berries over the cream, and top with half of the crumble. Repeat with a second layer of Sweet Potato Cream, berries, and crumble.
7. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.