- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
With a creamy dressing, hearty roasted veggies, and plenty of grains, this is a super nourishing salad. Note that the recipe calls for cooked grains, so be sure to have those ready to go: To keep it interesting, choose a prepared grain blend that contains at least three whole grains, such as brown rice, quinoa, barley, millet, farro, and/or rye.
By Shelli McConnell,
IngredientsCreamy Thyme Dressing
- ½ cup canned no-salt-added garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- ½ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 12 oz. whole cremini mushrooms, large mushrooms halved
- 1½ cups fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes
- 2 large shallots, quartered
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked whole grain blend
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup Creamy Thyme Dressing
- Make the Creamy Thyme Dressing: In a small blender or food processor combine no-salt-added garbanzo beans, unsweetened unflavored plant milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, Dijon-style mustard, and dried thyme. Cover and blend until smooth. Set aside ½ cup dressing; store the rest in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15×10-inch baking pan with foil. Arrange mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, shallots, and garlic on the prepared pan. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. water. Season with salt and pepper. Roast about 25 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender.
- Arrange vegetables over whole grain blend on plates. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve warm or at room temperature with Creamy Thyme Dressing.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.