- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
- print/save recipe
With a creamy dressing, hearty roasted veggies, and plenty of grains, this is a super nourishing salad. Note that the recipe calls for cooked grains, so be sure to have those ready to go: To keep it interesting, choose a prepared grain blend that contains at least three whole grains, such as brown rice, quinoa, barley, millet, farro, and/or rye.
Creamy Thyme Dressing
- ½ cup canned no-salt-added garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- ½ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 12 oz. whole cremini mushrooms, large mushrooms halved
- 1½ cups fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes
- 2 large shallots, quartered
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked whole grain blend
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup Creamy Thyme Dressing
- Make the Creamy Thyme Dressing: In a small blender or food processor combine no-salt-added garbanzo beans, unsweetened unflavored plant milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, Dijon-style mustard, and dried thyme. Cover and blend until smooth. Set aside ½ cup dressing; store the rest in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15×10-inch baking pan with foil. Arrange mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, shallots, and garlic on the prepared pan. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. water. Season with salt and pepper. Roast about 25 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender.
- Arrange vegetables over whole grain blend on plates. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve warm or at room temperature with Creamy Thyme Dressing.