- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 2-4
- print/save recipe
This is our latest favorite meal, often enjoyed outside on our deck on a warm evening. I vary the beans, and also the veggies and salsa, so the meal is different every time I serve it. I serve this in 8-inch “pasta” bowls, so there is plenty of room for all of the ingredients, making it a no-cook, one-dish meal. Eaten warm or cold, this simple burrito bowl is a tasty, satisfying treat!
- Baked tortilla chips (see notes)
- 2-4 cups cooked grains (see notes)
- 2-4 cups cooked beans (see notes)
- 2-4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or steamed kale
- 2-4 chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 chopped green onions
- 1-2 cups corn kernels (see notes)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Fresh salsa
- Break a handful of the chips into pieces in the bottom of each serving bowl.
- Spoon some of the cooked grains over the chips, followed by some of the beans, then layer on the rest of the toppings: lettuce or kale, tomatoes, onions, corn, and avocado. Top with the salsa. (Use more or less of all these ingredients, as desired.)