- Ready In:
- Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, to taste
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tart apple (such as Granny Smith), cored and chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine the rice, almond milk, cinnamon stick, cloves, and dates in a medium saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat for 12 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the cinnamon stick. Add the apple, raisins, and salt and mix.
- Serve garnished with the toasted almonds.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.