This awesomely easy cacao banana ice cream is raw, vegan, gluten-free, low-fat, and delicious! For toppings, feel free to just use what you have at home and have fun enjoying a different combination of toppings every time you make this.
From Sweet Simple Vegan
- In a food processor, process the bananas until they start to break down into the ice cream.
- Turn off the processor. Scrape down the sides and add in the cacao.
- Allow it to process again for another 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy and smooth. You may need to open and scrape down the sides periodically.
- Decorate liberally with toppings.
You can also make this ice cream in a high speed blender. I have made it successfully with a Vitamix, but you must use a tamper in order for it to work. Just be sure to thaw the bananas for about 10 minutes prior to ease the blending.
- 5-6 medium-sized bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder or carob powder
Toppings of choice, such as:
- goji berries
- coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
Get delicious new recipes every week sent right to your phone! Every recipe includes easy-to-follow instructions and the ability to add ingredients to your shopping list.
Download the app now.