- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
- print/save recipe
Showcase your farmers market finds in this colorful Zucchini, Corn, and Black Bean Soup, which features a luscious almond milk–based broth and mouthwatering medley of unexpected flavors. If you like this recipe, try our equally flavorful and delicious Cannellini Bean, Kale, and Orzo Soup recipe next.
- 1 32-oz. carton unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
- 2 cups ½-inch pieces peeled russet potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a 4-qt. Dutch oven combine almond milk, potatoes, onion, celery, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn, beans, zucchini, and thyme. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper.