- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
Showcase your farmers market finds in this colorful Zucchini, Corn, and Black Bean Soup, which features a luscious almond milk–based broth and mouthwatering medley of unexpected flavors. If you like this recipe, try our equally flavorful and delicious Cannellini Bean, Kale, and Orzo Soup recipe next.
By Carla Christian,
- 1 32-oz. carton unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
- 2 cups ½-inch pieces peeled russet potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a 4-qt. Dutch oven combine almond milk, potatoes, onion, celery, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn, beans, zucchini, and thyme. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.