- 1 cup mixed of any lentils & split peas
- 3 tablespoons mild yellow curry powder*
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic*
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup of mixed veggies of choice (I used frozen mix of corn, peas, carrots and green beans)
- ½ cup brown rice
- In one pot bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 cup mixed lentils & split peas.
- Add spices and chopped up garlic (don’t add the mixed veggies yet). Cook for 50 minutes on a medium flame.
- In a separate pot, bring 1 and ¼ cups of water to a boil. Add ½ cup of brown rice. Cook the rice until water is absorbed on a medium flame. Never mix rice during cooking.
- Add the frozen veggies to the lentils and peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the the frozen veggies are equally hot as the lentils and peas.
*Use mild curry powder and garlic to taste.
Chef's Tip: Serve the lentils and peas topped with the brown rice.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.