- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 4-6
- print/save recipe
This hearty and filling stew will leave you feeling warm and comforted. The black-eyed peas and root vegetables are full of fiber, so it's a great meal to fill you up.
Find this recipe and more 30-minute meals in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 cup rutabaga, small cubes
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a skillet with lid, simmer veggies with a pinch of sea salt and ½ cup water until just tender.
- Add the black-eyed peas and barbecue sauce to a pot and simmer, covered, for about five minutes.
- Add water as necessary if it starts to stick, and stir occasionally.
- Stir in green peas and season with sea salt and pepper as needed.