- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 12 boats
- Print/save recipe
This eye-catching appetizer is a great canapé to serve at your next dinner party. The crunchy endive boats cradle a delectable filling of fresh fruit and tomatoes for a sweet and savory combo that will leave everyone wanting more. Fresh tarragon is sprinkled over the top for a tasty herbal garnish. When you’re shopping for this recipe, look for plump heads of Belgian endive: The leaves will be broader and less likely to roll over once filled.
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, chopped if large
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or date syrup
- Separate the endive leaves and place 12 of the nicest, largest leaves on a clean surface.
- In a bowl mix together the remaining ingredients, reserving some of the tarragon for garnish. Spoon fruit mixture into endive leaves. Arrange filled leaves on a platter. Garnish with reserved tarragon.