- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cups
- print/save recipe
Chow down. Or lighten up. To make this a heartier dish, add 1½ cups cooked quinoa. Warm quinoa gives the dish a delightful hot-cold contrast. Conversely, the dish can be made lighter by adding 2 cups of fresh greens, like spinach or romaine.
Recipe from Mexican Plantz eCookbook.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed (1½ cups)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- ½ small red onion, minced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1½ tablespoon garlic granules or powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 generous pinches of cayenne pepper, or to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the beans, carrots, onion, tomato cilantro, lime juice and spices. Stir in the avocado just before serving and enjoy.