- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 10 cups salad
With air-fried beets, tangy orange dressing, and chopped fresh pears, this salad packs a fruity punch with every bite. The secret to crispy beet chips is slicing them ultra thin: A sharp knife works, but a mandoline makes it even easier.
By Nancy Macklin,
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium-size red beets, peeled and cut into ⅛-inch-thick slices
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups chilled cooked farro
- 2 fresh pears, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- For dressing, in a small blender place the first five ingredients (through mustard). Cover and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F. In a medium bowl toss beets with 2 Tbsp. of the dressing. Arrange beets in air fryer, overlapping slightly. Air-fry about 20 minutes or until evenly browned and ruffled- looking. (Beets may not be crisp). Transfer beets to paper towels and let stand 10 minutes. (Beets will crisp as they cool.)
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss together spinach, farro, pears, and onion. Drizzle with the remaining dressing; toss to coat. Top servings with beet chips.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.