- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 Servings
- print/save recipe
These garlic and 'Parmesan'-crusted asparagus spears make a tasty side dish, snack, or party appetizer. Easy and elegant!
From Naked Food Magazine.
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 12 spears)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash the asparagus. To remove the white bottom end, hold each asparagus spear with both hands and bend it near the white end. The white end will snap off.
- Transfer hemp seeds to a small bowl and mix in the nutritional yeast, garlic, pepper, paprika, and breadcrumbs. Stir and set aside.
- Arrange the asparagus spears side by side in a baking dish and sprinkle with the hemp mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until asparagus are crispy.
- Serve and sprinkle with some lemon juice.