- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 12 spears)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash the asparagus. To remove the white bottom end, hold each asparagus spear with both hands and bend it near the white end. The white end will snap off.
- Transfer hemp seeds to a small bowl and mix in the nutritional yeast, garlic, pepper, paprika, and breadcrumbs. Stir and set aside.
- Arrange the asparagus spears side by side in a baking dish and sprinkle with the hemp mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until asparagus are crispy.
- Serve and sprinkle with some lemon juice.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.