- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
This saucy vegan ratatouille goes from the stove top to the oven in the same pan. If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, prepare this recipe in an extra-large skillet as directed through Step 2. Transfer the mixture to a 2-qt. square or rectangular baking dish and bake as directed.
By Carla Christian,
- 8 oz. dried whole grain penne pasta
- 2 medium zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, quartered lengthwise and cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in an extra-large oven-safe skillet cook squash, tomatoes, celery, onion, and garlic over medium 6 to 7 minutes or until nearly tender, stirring occasionally and adding water, 1 to 2 Tbsp. at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Stir in the next six ingredients (through pepper). Stir in cooked pasta and beans.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with additional oregano and/or thyme.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.