- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1 bowl
- print/save recipe
The foundation for this hearty sweet potato breakfast bowl is a perfectly steamed sweet potato. The steamy, sweet interior is then mashed in a bowl, lightly seasoned with cinnamon and cardamom, and topped with a colorful mix of fresh fruit, pumpkin seeds, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Recipe from copinaco.com
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of cardamom
- ½ ripe banana, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place the sweet potato halves in a double boiler or steamer basket over an inch of boiling water, and steam over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, or until you can easily pierce it with a fork.
- Next, mash the sweet potato inside its skin, then scrape the insides into a large bowl. Add the cinnamon and cardamom and mix well, adjusting seasoning as needed.
- Top with the banana, pumpkin seeds, berries, maple syrup, and enjoy!