- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 12 muffins
- print/save recipe
These vegan chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are great for a crowd and so delicious. Pumpkin puree and mashed banana add enough natural sweetness that you only need a little bit of added sweetener (maple syrup) and vegan chocolate chips to make a truly decadent-tasting muffin.
Recipe adapted from Julieanna Hever’s Blueberry Oat Breakfast Muffins in Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health, edited by Gene Stone
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup grain-sweetened dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Transfer mixture to large bowl and mix together gently until well combined. Avoid over-mixing to prevent toughness in the final product. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into silicon muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned. Remove muffins from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Store muffins in an airtight container.