- Ready In:
- Serves 1
With this vegan recipe, you’ll more than satisfy your cravings for a hearty, warm breakfast. And you can make good use of leftover cooked sweet potatoes in the process.
Note: If starting with uncooked sweet potato, preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pierce the sweet potato 3 to 4 times with a knife, place on the parchment-lined pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes. The potato is done when you can easily pierce the skin with a fork.
By Ashley Madden,
- 1 leftover baked sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup fresh berries, such as raspberries and blueberries
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the leftover sweet potato in a covered, oven-safe dish, and heat in the oven for 14 to 18 minutes (depending on the size of the sweet potato), flipping halfway through.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven, slice it in half, and scoop 2 to 3 tablespoons of sweet potato flesh out of each half, and transfer it to a bowl. Add the almond butter, maple syrup, and salt, and mash together with sweet potato flesh until well combined.
- Return the mashed sweet potato mixture to the sweet potato shells. Top with oats, berries, and hemp seeds. To make the texture more interesting you can dry toast the oats. (Do this by adding them to a non-stick pan. Then toast on medium heat and then watch closely to prevent burning.) Serve with additional maple syrup, if desired.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.